Saturday, December 14, 2013

Day 103: Monday: White Headbands

So apparently you are not supposed to wear white headbands in China. Or anything white on your head. My Chinese teacher and coordinator were laughing and talking about me today because of it. They said that it was very "furniture" which I finally deciphered to mean "unfortunate" and that people only wear that to funerals.
They just kept poking my head all day, giggling and calling me funny. So many things represent death here. You can't leave your chopsticks sticking straight up in your bowl because that represents death...you can't give watches to people because that means that they are going to die...you can't wear white headbands because that means you are going to a funeral... Crazy China :P
You can't see it too well, but this little kids jacket says "Got Girls?" Haha typical China.
The snowmen we made for class today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment