Sunday, September 15, 2013

Day 16: Time is flying!

Our second week is already done, and it flew by. The first week here felt like it lasted forever, which is not a bad thing because I am loving it! Everything about it :-)

Our kung-fu class today was taught by Spring. He is pretty awesome! He doesn't speak very good English but he definitely knows enough to get by. We are going to be pros at kung-fu when we come back, and my splits are going to be flat! He kicked Nikki today when he was showing us his kung-fu... He was trying to get as close as he could and she put up her hands which he kicked. He just shrugged and told her not to move next time and got about two inches from her face. It was a little bit scary. He told us that he is going to go swimming with us next week after Kaiyins class :-P We all gave him high-fives when we left and I tried giving him knuckles and he kissed my hand instead, he's a weirdo.

We got more bread today from the school and it was super delicious. Too delicious, I had like 10 pieces.. We usually get this bread with brown swirls, that we originally thought was chocolate or cinnamon, but it is actually red bean. Definitely not my favorite. They like to put red bean in everything :-(  even smoothies.

KARAOKE!! A bunch of us went down to do some KTV today , and it was super fun :) They actually had lots of English songs too. It was 100 yuan to rent the room for 5 hours so we only had to pay about 5 a person with everyone. Which is less than a dollar.

We watched another movie today: The Guardian, but we didn't get to finish because we started too late and had to be home by 12 :/

Hopefully I can get my lesson plans done for next week, I have to finish them by tomorrow afternoon, but it is only for the first three days since we are going on vacation! I'm so excited for Yangzhou!

No comments:

Post a Comment