Monday, September 30, 2013

Wednesday Day 28 Catch Up

Finally made it back from Yangshuo. I didn't really sleep at all on the bus, and I don't really know why. I slept about 2 hours out of the 12, so I've been exhausted lately.
We ate some disgusting food at the school for dinner and then went to Kaiyin to do some Kung-Fu. I am getting much better than I was before, and my splits are way better, hopefully I will be able to get flat by the end of this trip. We went back and made Oreo balls with Trent, Zach and Brooke. They were great. 

Here are some highlights of our trip that weren't mentioned, but were pretty great (or sad). 

The best purchase here hands down were my pants. They are silky and stretchy and awesome. And they were only 20 yuan which is about $3.50 :)

It was extremely slippery and wet because it was raining all day, but I didn't want to get my tennis shoes nasty and wet, and flip-flops are just way easier and better, unfortunately that was a bad decision. I slipped at least 100 times on the stupid cobblestones, and I had to hold onto Brooke's arm wherever we walked. Right before we got to our bus I fell right on my butt, in my new pants too :(  Luckily there was only a small audience of people I knew, beside the obvious hundreds of Chinese who already stare at me.

Allison got whacked in the head with a banana..literally whacked hard by some little Chinese fruit lady. We tried to buy some bananas from her, but she gave us one with the skin peeling off, so I tried to explain to her that we didn't want it, but she just made an angry face and put it in the bag. Allison took it back out and the lady snatched it from her and hit her in the head really hard. Unfortunately she was an elderly lady so we couldn't really do anything back to her. She was very cranky >:(

If I haven't mentioned it already, McDonalds has this spicy cheese sauce that is super delicious. We ate it with everything, fries, chicken sandwhich, and even our little fry bread things we got from the street vendors. I was thinking about bringing some home until this little incident happened. I had gotten some for my fry bread earlier, and forgotten that I put one in my bag. It was a disgusting smell to say the least, but at least I had emptied most of my things out of there so nothing was really ruined. 

No comments:

Post a Comment