Thursday, October 10, 2013

Day 38: Terracotta Warriors!

Today we waited in a nice Xian line for the bus to take us to the TerraCotta Warriors. It was huge, but it went surprisingly fast. We only had to wait about 30 minutes. We met a Chinese guy who ended up staying with us the entire time. He spoke English so he helped us translate and navigate around. He was super nice and even bought us some fruit at the end. I don't know the English name for it, but in Chinese it sounds like "shiz". Luckily it didn't taste like that. They looked like a tomato almost, and were pretty sweet like an apricot.
The warriors were pretty amazing. It was cool to just be there. I have seen them in textbooks, but never imagined I would see them in person. I don't know if it was worth the extra travel time and money though. I wasn't that impressed. I think I would have rather stayed in Beijing for a couple extra days. I'm still glad I went though.


Our new Chinese friend
Holly was very excited that we found cotton candy :)


We went to the food street and tried lots of different foods. Most of it was not that great. We tried some meat on a stick. It was probably dog or something weird. It tasted funny. These were Fried Bananas. I thought they were not that good, they were just mushy crunchy bananas, with no flavor,but others liked them.

No comments:

Post a Comment