Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Friday Day 37: Xian

Arrived in Xian! Trains are the worst. 
We couldn't check in till 12 so we ate some cheap street food, wandered around, and then came back and showered and even napped for a bit, and I Hate naps, so that is saying something. Luckily we got some needed rest. Some people were feeling a bit snappy.

We went out and saw the Bell and Drum Towers, and watched a fountain show. It was supposed to be super cool and one of the biggest in Asia, but it was pretty much impossible to see with the millions of people there. National Holidays are the worst to travel on. We were just crammed together like sardines and every once in a while I could see some of the fountain shoot high.
 They have no personal space issues here. Shoving is part of everyday life. I wish I could say the same about their deodorant application.  :( 


Oh and we may have had some Ice Cream..

The good thing was that our beds were incredibly soft, softer than my bed back home. I think it was the first real mattress I have had here in China. We definitely slept well.
 Nappy Time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment